Monday, June 28, 2010

Great Britain Trip - July 2010


Hello fellow travelers,

Welcome to my travel blog!  I want to thank my Aunt Beth for suggesting a blog for my return trip to England this summer.  I hope you enjoy reading it.  It has been a thrill for me.  Last summer I enjoyed my long awaited trip to London even more because I had all of you to share it with.  I looked forward to writing about the amazing things I had seen and experienced during that day's adventure.  Who would have thought I would actually see the Queen and hunky Prince William, or that I would run across a naked bike race! 

Let me tell you a few things about this blog.

First, if all goes as advertised, you should receive an e-mail notification each time I post something.  If that doesn't work, I'll send an e-mail with a link to the site.  If you want to bookmark it, the address of the site is:  http://janeaustenmoments.blogspot.com/ . 

I've entered the emails I sent last summer.  It gave me a chance to correct the spelling, (major embarrassment for an English teach!) and to add pictures.  By the way most of the pictures are clickable.  If you click on them, you will get a much bigger picture on your screen.  You might want to be careful when you click on the naked bike race picture!  Some of the early pictures won't expand.  I don't know what I did wrong, and I can figure out how to correct the problem,  Oh well.

I won't be able to post pictures when I write the blog.  If I had bought that I-phone or understood the technology a little better, I might have been able to do that.  Oh well.  I'll have to add pictures later.

This year I'm going back to London.  I plan to spend five or six days doing more of the things I couldn't fit in last year, like find a good fish and chips shop and taking a tour of the Houses of Parliament.  I'm excited about that one!  The rest of the time I will be taking day trips out of London to Canterbury Cathedral, Oxford, and Stratford-Upon-Avon to see where my ol' boyfriend was born and died.  I also plan on going down to the Devon coast to see Agatha Christie's house.  Oh, I'm getting excited just thinking about it!  So, come on!  Let's go!

Sherrie

No comments: